Once homeless veteran studies to become counselor
LAWTON — A once homeless military veteran is now studying to become a counselor so he can work with other veterans.
Pete Slaughter, 51, has lived in Lawton for the past two years.
He is employed as an associate at the Fort Sill Commissary and is a graduate student at Cameron University, where he is working on a master’s degree to ultimately become a licensed...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say