Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The hotline was set up to take tips on unsafe conditions at schools, including bullying. This would seem to be a district function rather than a state function, but the state remains involved, using personnel funded by the education department and the state Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services. This costs far less than the hotline contract. It may or may not be as effective.
'One life' justification not always practical
NewsOK Related Articles
We expect public officials to justify all their spending. The education department made the right call in this instance.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 19791Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7602OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6827Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6472OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5877Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4499Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4468Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash