One person dies in northwest Oklahoma City crash
A person died in a crash on the Lake Hefner Parkway. The crash was near Britton Road in northwest Oklahoma City.
One person died on Lake Hefner Parkway near Britton Road in a crash in northwest Oklahoma City, police reported.
The fatal crash was at 12:35 a.m. Friday in the 7800 block of Lake Hefner Parkway, police said.
A car was southbound at a high rate of speed when the driver lost control and the car overturned, officers said.
The driver was thrown from the car, police Master Sgt. Gary Knight reports.
The victim was not wearing a seat belt. The name of the driver has not been released, Knight said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 87104Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16817OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12528Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9682Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8846Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation