Man dies in southwest Oklahoma City apartment fire
Oklahoma City fire officials have not identified the victim who died in an apartment fire Friday at 4900 S Walker Ave. Three families displaced by the fire are being assisted by the American Red Cross.
One man was found dead Friday after firefighters put out an apartment fire in southwest Oklahoma City, fire officials said. The man has not been identified.
Firefighters battled a fire at the Greystone Apartments, 4900 S Walker Ave.
Officials said it appears the fire spread from a first floor unit to a second floor unit. The building was evacuated because of heavy smoke and flames.
Disaster mental health volunteers with the American Red Cross of Central Oklahoma were at the scene of the fire to provide assistance, spokesman Ken Garcia said.
The organization helped three families who were displaced by the fire with a three-night hotel stay and money for food and clothing, Garcia said.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 89274Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14075Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8763Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7637Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7585Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7472How to help tornado victims
- 6832OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents