1 package of precooked meatballs
1 package of regular cut bacon
Pinch of rub
Bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce
• Thaw the meatballs if they've been frozen. Lightly dust with your favorite beef rub. Cut the package of bacon in half so you have equal lengths of bacon. Take one strip of cut bacon and wrap the meatball. Stick a toothpick through bacon/meatball. This will help hold the bacon on as well as make a serving holder.
• Smoke the MOINKS for 1 to 2 hours at 275 degrees. You want to cook this long enough that the bacon is just starting to crisp up.
• In a large mixing bowl, pour a bottle of your favorite sauce. I like to use some Head Country Hickory Flavor and add 1 cup of molasses.
• Dunk the MOINKS and thoroughly coat. Return to smoker and cook until sauce has caramelized, between 15 and 45 minutes depending on smoker temperature.
• Source: Russ Garrett, the Smokin' Okie.
Ingredients provided by Buy For Less