Orange kick off season at home vs. Northwestern
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — Syracuse opens its season at home against Northwestern on Saturday looking to snap the five-game losing streak that ruined last season.
The Orange finished last season ranked 84th in the nation in scoring (24.2 points per game) and 95th in rushing offense (120.4 yards per game).
The Wildcats will be led by junior quarterback Kain Colter, who stepped in last year for injured starter Dan Persa. Colter is the kind of quarterback that has given Syracuse fits — a bona fide triple threat. He's the leading returning passer (673 yards), rusher (654) and receiver (466) from last year.
Syracuse has won five of the past six meetings with Northwestern dating to 1979 and is 3-0 against the Wildcats in the Carrier Dome.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation