Original Batmobile from TV series sells for $4.2 million
LOS ANGELES — The original Batmobile from the 1960s television series has sold at auction for $4.2 million.
A spokeswoman for the Barrett-Jackson Auction Co. in Scottsdale, Ariz., says the winning bidder has not been disclosed following Saturday's auction.
The 19-foot-long black, bubble-topped car was used in the “Batman” TV show that starred Adam West as the Caped Crusader.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction