Orioles get INF Navarro from Pirates
BALTIMORE (AP) — The Baltimore Orioles have acquired infielder Yamaico Navarro from the Pittsburgh Pirates for minor league pitcher Jhondaniel Medina.
The 25-year-old Navarro hit .160 with one homer and four RBIs in 29 games with Pittsburgh last season. He is a career.279 hitter over seven minor league seasons.
Medina is a 19-year-old right-hander who pitched primarily in the Gulf Coast League in 2011.
To make room for Navarro on the 40-man roster, Baltimore designated right-hander Stu Pomeranz for assignment. Pomeranz had a 3.00 ERA in three games with Baltimore last season.
Also Friday, the Orioles agreed to 2013 contracts with infielder Alexi Casilla, outfielder Steve Pearce and catcher Taylor Teagarden, avoiding arbitration.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18759Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10409Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9339Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7780Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6796UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6582Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister