Osasuna beats Levante 2-0 with late goals in Spain
MADRID (AP) — Late goals by Masoud Soleimani and Enrique Sola gave Osasuna a 2-0 away win against Levante in the Spanish league on Monday.
Soleimani unleashed an unstoppable shot from within the penalty area to beat goalkeeper Kaylor Navas in the 88th minute.
Sola struck another powerful shot past Navas in the fourth minute of injury time after receiving the ball from Francisco Punal.
Levante midfielder Papakouli Diop left the field on a stretcher in the 57th after clashing heads in an aerial challenge with Emiliano Armenteros, whose header went over the crossbar.
Levante is 10th in the standings, six points ahead of 14th-place Osasuna. Leader Barcelona is 12 ahead of second-place Atletico Madrid.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21139Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17655Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12237Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9661Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9306Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8802Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8735Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater