Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12757Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9755Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9478Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6719Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4489Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4265Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4197Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3744Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 3743Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Oscar entertaining made easy? It's formulaic!
ALISON LADMANThe Associated Press | Published: February 18, 2013 | Modified: February 18, 2013 at 6:01 pm
— Garlic-herb cream cheese
4 ounces softened cream cheese
2 tablespoons milk
Pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and milk until smooth. Stir in the salt, pepper, thyme, oregano and garlic.
— Zesty barbecue spread
3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons spicy red pepper jelly
1/4 cup sour cream
Splash of hot sauce
In a small bowl, stir together the barbecue sauce, red pepper jelly, sour cream and hot sauce.
— Orange sweet potato spread
1 medium sweet potato, microwaved until fork-tender
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Peel the sweet potato, then place it in a medium bowl and mash it. Stir in the orange marmalade and vinegar, then season with salt and pepper.
Small cooked and peeled shrimp
Shredded cooked chicken
Halved cherry tomatoes
Small wedges of manchego cheese
Shaved Parmesan cheese
Sliced green and black olives
Sliced hot peppers (such as piri piri or Peppadew)
To assemble the canapes, arrange the bases on a large serving tray. Top each with a small dollop of one of the spreads. Press one of the topping choices into the spread, then finish each with a garnish.