OSU basketball: Cowboys, Red Raiders are ripe for a victory
At some point, inevitably, Oklahoma State will win a Big 12 road game. At some point this season, history suggest, Texas Tech will win a Big 12 game — somewhere, anywhere. Something has to give Tuesday night.
Videoview all videos
Jan 30Jenni Carlson and John Helsley talk about the Cowboys...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“They'll be hungry,” said OSU's Brian Williams. “So we've got to take their best shot and respond to it.”
Gillispie said his squad, heavy on newcomers, was well aware of the difficult task ahead when thrown together with a first-year coach.
“I think they knew what we were in for at the start of the season, especially at the start of the Big 12 season,” Gillispie said. “And I think you have to commend them for continuing to get better.”
And Gillispie said the Raiders are getting better, although the results might not show it.
“I think they're getting better dramatically,” he said, “they're just having a hard time winning against really good competition. But I'm really excited about the direction they're headed.”
Cowboys coach Travis Ford said he won't be mentioning the direction his team is headed, which is on the road.
“It's nothing we've ever brought up,” Ford said. “And I don't think it's something with our basketball team that would do any good. We don't need to worry about who we're playing, where we're playing. We don't need to worry about the score.
“We just need to worry about playing hard, executing, playing defense, rebounding. We have enough to worry about besides all that other stuff.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister