OSU basketball notebook: Improvement must start with practice
Senior captain Keiton Page: ‘We need to go into practice every day with the mindset that we need to get better. It's only going to get tougher from here.'
With the Cowboys falling to 6-4 on the season and Big 12 play fast approaching, some urgency is needed for the team to produce more consistent play.
Videoview all videos
Dec 18Keiton Page led Oklahoma State with 18 points, but it...
Photoview all 23 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Two veterans believe it begins on the practice floor.
“We need to go into practice every day with the mindset that we need to get better,” said senior captain Keiton Page. “It's only going to get tougher from here.”
Said Jéan-Paul Olukemi: “We just have to come out to practice and practice extremely hard on staying focused and sustaining our offense.”
The Cowboys play their third in a series of four straight neutral site games, facing No. 23 Alabama on Wednesday in Birmingham.
Tip time is 8 p.m. and will be televised on ESPN2.
The Crimson Tide is 8-3 following a 71-58 loss to Kansas State in Kansas City on Saturday night.
OSU beat Alabama in last year's All-College, prompting this return trip.
SIGN OF THE TIMES
Page rallied from a poor shooting first half to provide a spark to OSU's second-half comeback, finishing with a game-high 18 points.
But one startling stat for Page: three missed free throws.
Page, a career 86 percent foul shooter, entered the game 16-of-19 from the line, then matched his miss count for the season, finishing 5-of-8.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister