OSU basketball notebook: Travis Ford says move on after loss to Baylor but don't forget it
Oklahoma State's conference road losing streak extended to 12 games with Saturday's loss. The Cowboys head to Iowa State on Wednesday.
Some coaches might prefer just to forget a game like Saturday's 106-65 loss at Baylor, opting not to review the gory details and just move on.
Not Cowboys coach Travis Ford.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“You've got to move on. We're a young basketball team and that's part of it,” Ford said. “But learn from it. I'm not one of these guys who says forget about it. Don't forget it. I don't want you to forget about it if you're man enough to play at this level.
“If you're good enough and strong enough to play at this level, don't forget about it, hold onto it. You don't want to run from it. That's not my mentality. I understand as a coach, these things happen. But don't forget it.
“Remember it and use it for fuel to rev your engine up a little bit and respond from it. You don't want it to happen again.”
Cowboys senior and captain and Keiton Page agreed.
“We've got to learn from it,” Page said. “We've got to watch the film on it and learn from our mistakes, so it doesn't ever happen again.”
Losing at Baylor, OSU saw its conference road losing streak extended to 12 games.
Now they're headed on the road again, visiting Iowa State on Wednesday.
“No doubt in my mind these guys are going to respond,” Page said. “I could tell in the locker room. I know they don't want to feel that way ever again. These next few days are going to be hard days of preparation. Our guys will be ready.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 96630Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13870Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9391Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8546Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8291OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7627How to help tornado victims
- 7193Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges