OSU football: Cowboys get commitment from QB Luke Del Rio
OSU FOOTBALL — Oklahoma State got a commitment from quarterback Luke Del Rio on Thursday. Del Rio is the son of Denver Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio.
Oklahoma State picked up its third football commitment in 24 hours Thursday morning when Colorado quarterback Luke Del Rio pledged to join the Cowboys.
Del Rio, a 6-foot-2, 190 pound pro-style quarterback, is OSU's eighth commitment for the class of 2013.
“Just committed to Oklahoma State,” Del Rio posted on Twitter Wednesday morning. He then linked to a video of Cowboys coach Mike Gundy doing the ‘Gundy Dance' and posted “How I feel right now.”
According to Rivals.com, Del Rio had received scholarship offers from Colorado State and Oregon State and was being recruited by programs like Alabama and Southern Cal.
Del Rio is the son of former NFL player Jack Del Rio, who was recently named the defensive coordinator for the Denver Broncos. Jack Del Rio was previously the head coach at Jacksonville, where current OSU offensive coordinator Todd Monken was on the offensive coaching staff.
This will be Luke Del Rio's first season playing at Valor Christian High School in Colorado. While playing for Episcopal High School in Florida as a junior, Del Rio threw for 2,530 yards and 20 touchdowns.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad