OSU football: Defensive tackle Calvin Barnett charged with four driving-related misdemeanors
Oklahoma State defensive tackle Calvin Barnett was arrested Monday and charged Tuesday with four driving-related violations.
As first reported by The Daily O'Collegian, Barnett was charged with driving under suspension, driving without insurance, speeding and failing to register a vehicle within 30 days of purchase.Â All four charges are misdemeanors.
Barnett was arrested by Oklahoma Highway Patrol following a traffic stop. He has since been released from jail and is scheduled to appear in court on May 9 at 1:30 p.m.
Barnett, who transferred to OSU from Navarro Junior College for the spring semester, is expected to make an immediate impact on the Cowboy defensive line in 2012. He is a former high school All-American after starring a Tulsa Washington.
See our commenting and posting policy.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson â€“ One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes