Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
/> The new deal calls for Gundy to get $400,000 for winning the national championship game, $200,000 for losing in the national championship game, $150,000 for finishing first in the conference and $100,000 for appearing in any other BCS bowl game. He would still get one month's salary if the Cowboys play in any other postseason bowl. No changes were made to the buyout clauses, although the cost for firing Gundy without cause would increase because the value of the contract went up. Gundy is due 75 percent of the remainder of the contract if Oklahoma State terminates him without cause, but nothing more than the rest of the current month's pay if the firing is for cause. Gundy would owe Oklahoma State $3 million to buy out of the contract.
OSU football: Mike Gundy's contract includes front-loaded first year
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 54347Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 32459Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims