Oklahoma State wide receiver Justin Blackmon said Tuesday that he will likely forgo his senior season and enter the 2012 NFL Draft.
“Right now, I think that would be the best thing for me,” Blackmon said. “So that will probably happen.”
Blackmon nearly went pro last year after winning the Biletnikoff award given to the nation's top wide receiver. He's a finalist for the same award again this season after compiling 103 catches for 1,241 yards and 15 touchdowns through 11 games.
“I'm not really thinking about (the NFL),” Blackmon said. “Right now, I'm just focused on the end of the season, OU next week, and just having a good time during bowl season and being around the teammates as long as possible.”
OSU coach Mike Gundy said last month that he would advise Blackmon to enter the NFL Draft because he is projected to be a top-10 pick.
Gundy: No need to reestablish goals
OSU players and coaches have said repeatedly that the Cowboys' primary goals coming into the season were to win the Big 12 and to go to the first BCS bowl game in school history.
Continue reading this story on the...