Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Mike Gundy directs players during OSU's practice on Sunday. The Cowboys have adjusted today's practice times. by MATT STRASEN, THE OKLAHOMANSan Antonio prospect Drew Allen is expected to announce his intentions early next week, according to Alamo Heights High School head coach Don Byrd. "Monday is our first day of practice, and he wants to get it done around that time,” Byrd said. Allen recently told RebelSports.com that he currently favors Mississippi, with Oklahoma State second on his list of five potential schools. Oklahoma, which according to Byrd, made a scholarship offer late last week, is third, ahead of Purdue and Vanderbilt. Interestingly, Ole Miss already has a commitment from quarterback Clayton Moore, who also received an offer from Oklahoma State. Allen, 6-foot-5, 200 pounds, threw for nearly 2,600 yards and 25 touchdowns as a junior, leading Alamo Heights to a 10-2 record in a one-back, spread offense. Academics won't be an issue for Allen either. Byrd said his QB has been accepted to Harvard. •Practice time adjusted: OSU announced that today's morning practice will begin at 8 a.m., rather than the originally scheduled 9:30. The afternoon session is still slated for 5 p.m. Today's practices are the last two practices open to fans.
OSU football notebook
Quarterback prospect nearing decisionA week from now, Oklahoma State could know whether it has a quarterback commitment for the 2009 recruiting class.
NewsOK Related Articles
Mike Gundy directs players during OSU's practice on Sunday. The Cowboys have adjusted today's practice times. by MATT STRASEN, THE OKLAHOMAN
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 51863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14915Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9511Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7474Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6783Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6733Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims