OSU football recruiting: Cowboys' gameday atmosphere led Zach Crabtree to Stillwater
Zachary Crabtree didn't need to search far to get the real scoop on Oklahoma State.
His older brother, Jacob, is a current student. So Zachary has taken plenty of visits to Stillwater and has met plenty of people.
He's seen first-hand how much they care about Cowboy football. And Wednesday, he'll join that program when he signs with OSU.
“That's what the school is all about, just being at the games and all the tradition behind it,” Crabtree said. “… it was really just how friendly they all they were about it, how much it means to everybody up there. Not only the (students), but alumni.
“That's awesome to have a great fan base behind you.”
It's hard to imagine that Crabtree, a three-star prospect from Mansfield (Texas) who boasts a 6-7, 270-pound frame, didn't know if he'd play varsity football as a junior. He was always tall, but was still a 225-pound “stick” as a sophomore.
So Crabtree hit the weight room hard that summer. He shoveled down a diet that consisted of a lot of meat, pasta and … milkshakes. And he earned his spot.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13110Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12605OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11229Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10063Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7965Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5849Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5300Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers