OSU holds app contest
OSU app contest nears 2nd phase
STILLWATER — Oklahoma State University students, along with faculty and staff, are invited to compete in an application development contest that will reward winners with over $20,000 in cash.
Sponsored by AAA, the first phase of the contest began Jan. 31. Participants are asked to create an app focused on college life that students would find valuable. Organizers ask that it be related to one of AAA's business lines and fall into one of the following categories: travel, transportation, safety and security, insurance, finance or cowboy experience. Teams will be judged on innovation, presentation and impact of the app. Entries are due Monday.
Phase two will be open to students with app development skills. Teams will develop the app that won the first phase of the contest.
The winner of the first phase will be awarded $5,000; runners up receive $1,000 for second place and $500 for third place. Phase two's winner receives $10,000; $2,500 will be awarded to the second place team and $1,500 will be awarded for third place.
The OSU AppCenter, opening in mid-February in the lobby of the Henry Bellmon Research Center, will provide a space for students to collaborate in app development and will have equipment and programs necessary for the process; the resources are free to students.
For more information, visit www.osuappcenter.com.
FROM STAFF REPORTS
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 22254Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17756Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12801Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10958Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10241Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9718Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8905OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures