OSU men's basketball notebook: Le'Bryan Nash is '100 percent' coming back
The Cowboys' freshman will not turn pro. Nash said he is better off staying in school.
A couple weeks ago, Cowboys freshman Le'Bryan Nash put the chances of his return to OSU at “70” percent.
Now make that 100 percent.
Videoview all videos
Mar 8Keiton Page scored 20 points, as Oklahoma State fought...
Mar 8John Helsley and Mike Baldwin discuss the events of the...
Mar 8Romero Osby scored a game-high 17 points, but Oklahoma...
Photoview all 25 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Nash said his likely return became concrete when he suffered a fracture in his left hand late in the season at Oklahoma, forcing him to miss the last four games, including Wednesday night's 76-60 win over Texas Tech in the Big 12 Tournament.
But more than that, he said he's better off in school.
“It's not because of the cast,” Nash said. “It's just because I'd be better in school than in the NBA. I didn't have a great year to go to the NBA, so I think I should come back and get better on my game, get better in school and help Oklahoma State win a championship.”
Nash said he will remain in the cast for three more weeks, then rehab for a month.
“I'll probably still have a basketball in my hand during rehab,” Nash said. “I'll try to work on my shooting. (In the meantime) I'm going to sit back and watch basketball, learn a lot of new things about my teammates, learn what they like to do.”
Nash averaged 13.3 points and 5.0 rebounds in 28 games.
“I learned a lot this year, how to play defense and get better with my teammates,” Nash said. “In high school, I had to shoot the ball a lot and do a lot of stuff. This is D-I. Anyone on this team can play. I learned a lot, that team chemistry can get you a long way. It's going to be big for us to win big next year.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort