Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Lunt could join J.W. Walsh, Clint Chelf and Johnny Deaton in the battle to replace Weeden, the Pokes’ current quarterback, and become OSU’s starting quarterback in 2012. Recruited by offensive coordinator Todd Monken, Lunt visited Stillwater in late May. “I knew they had nice facilities,” Lunt told GoPokes.com after his visit. “Everyone was talking about how nice it was, but you just don’t know until you get there.” A pocket passer in the mold of Weeden, Lunt’s commitment is another sign the Cowboys have fully committed to their version of the “Air Raid” attack.
OSU picks up commitment from 6-foot-6 Illinois high school quarterback
Add another name into the competition to replace Brandon Weeden.Rochester (Ill.) quarterback Wes Lunt has committed to Oklahoma State according to multiple sources. A 6-foot-6, 185 pounder, Lunt picked the Cowboys over Boston College, Illinois, Louisville, Michigan State, Vanderbilt, Virginia and Wisconsin.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister