OSU point/counterpoint: Will the OSU defense reach its per-game average of turnovers forced?
Will the OSU defense reach its per-game average of three turnovers against Kansas State?
GINA MIZELL, OSU WRITER: YES
I'm fully on board the OSU-is-going-to-force-turnovers bandwagon. I've seen this team enough and learned enough about the Cowboys' practice habits to know it's not luck.
Videoview all videos
Nov 3Brandon Weeden leads the way, as Oklahoma State looks for...
Nov 3How will KSU's run game effect the Cowboys and will the...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Yeah, I know Kansas State only has eight turnovers on the season. But Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III was one of the best in the nation at protecting the football before he came to Stillwater last week. He had thrown just two interceptions all season before facing OSU's defense. He tossed two picks against the Cowboys--in the first half.
It will be a bit tougher for the Cowboys take the ball away from the Wildcats because they are a run-first offense. But OSU has fierce hitters all over the field—Jamie Blatnick, Shaun Lewis, Markelle Martin and Daytawion Lowe first come to mind—that can pop the ball away from K-State quarterback Collin Klein and the Wildcat running backs.
Will the Cowboys get five turnovers like they did against BU last week? Probably not. But will they get three? I'd bet on it.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20726Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16618Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11933Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 11447Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10097Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9885OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9809Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss