OSU president calls for investigation into how sex assault complaints were handled
Oklahoma State University President Burns Hargis is calling for an investigation into how sex assault complaints were handled after a 22-year-old student was charged with sexual battery.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 7 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“As I said when we formed the task force, we have an absolute responsibility to review our policies in the aftermath of Penn State. This is a very serious matter, and I applaud President Hargis for calling on the task force to include it in our review. We will do so in a constructive manner, ever mindful of the sensitivities and concerns of victims; but, it is also our obligation to expeditiously protect our students and community from those who are found to threaten our society with sexual misconduct.”
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9606Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad