OSU quarterback Clint Chelf: Brandon Weeden told me to 'Go win the job'
For the past two seasons, Clint Chelf sat behind Brandon Weeden, soaking up everything he could from the most prolific quarterback in Oklahoma State history. Chelf said he usually talks to Weeden several times a week.
For the past two seasons, Clint Chelf sat behind Brandon Weeden, soaking up everything he could from the most prolific quarterback in Oklahoma State history.
Now, with Weeden gone, Chelf is embarking on an intriguing three-man quarterback battle in spring camp, looking to take the next step in his career.
Right before the competition began, Chelf sat down and answered a few questions about his relationship with Weeden and what kind of advice he's been given:
How much have you been talking to Brandon Weeden through this whole draft process?
Yeah, we usually talk at least once a week, twice a week. We didn't get to go out together because ... he's just been so busy. We're really close as friends.
What's he telling you about the whole draft process?
He said it's been tough and long. It's long days. Some days he said he's up from 4:30 to 11 at night. He's said he has loved every minute of it and I'm just so happy for him.
If you're an NFL GM, where do you see him fitting?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister