MEMORIAL SERVICE PLANNED
Oklahoma State spokesman Gary Shutt said the school is planning a memorial service to celebrate the lives of Kurt Budke and Miranda Serna.
The memorial service will be held Monday at Gallagher-Iba Arena at 1 p.m. OSU has cancelled classes from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday so students can attend.
SPORTING EVENTS CANCELLED
Several OSU sporting events were cancelled as a result of the plane crash.
The women's basketball team was scheduled to play two games this weekend — Saturday vs. Grambling State and Sunday vs. UT-Arlington — but both games have been cancelled. The next OSU women's game will likely be Nov. 26 vs. Coppin State.
The OSU wrestling squad also cancelled two weekend matches. OSU was scheduled to face Rutgers on Friday and Missouri on Sunday, but both matches will be scheduled for a later date. The Cowboys wrestling squad's next scheduled match is Nov. 25 at Iowa State.
Several schools across the country planned to honor OSU and the lives lost in upcoming sporting events. Here's a look at some of those remembrances:
* The Oklahoma State men's basketball team will wear special logos on their jerseys with initials for the four people killed in the crash.
* The Oklahoma women's basketball team will play with a black band across the left shoulder of their uniforms.
* The Missouri football stadium, which usually is adorned with eight Mizzou flags, will fly an OSU flag during their game vs. Texas Tech on Saturday.
* The Oklahoma men's basketball coaches wore orange ribbons during their game vs. Coppin State on Friday.
* The Grambling State women's team, already in town to play the Cowgirls, prayed around the 2001 plane crash memorial and signed a memorial banner in Gallagher-Iba Arena.
* There was a moment of silence before both NCAA Tournament soccer games in Stillwater on Friday as well as before the Oklahoma State-Iowa State football game.