OSU standout receiver Justin Blackmon gets chatty with fans
Justin Blackmon boasts speed to kill; just check with enemy defensive backs from the 2010 football season.
The Oklahoma State wide receiver's fingers, however — despite his hands being a major asset — not so speedy. Not yet, anyway, although his reputation for hard work leaves the possibility for rapid improvement more than a possibility.
NewsOK Related Articles
Blackmon was rather pedestrian on the keyboard Thursday, taking a shot at a live chat with Cowboys fans via Facebook and Twitter in a foray into social media that OSU plans to use more in the future to market its stars.
Brandon Weeden chats today (on Facebook and Twitter @Weeden2Blackmon). And more appearances will follow.
OSU's media relations department likes the idea of their Chatty Cowboys connecting with fans in a whole new way.
Blackmon, scrambling to keep up with an array of questions from both forums, said he enjoyed the chat debut.
“It went good,” he said. “I had a lot of fun answering questions. Really, I didn't know what to expect. I've never done anything like this. I'm not a big Facebook or Twitter user myself.
“But it was fun. It was enjoyable. And I liked that people came out and supported it.”
And there was a nugget from Thursday's chat. Blackmon's game day nutritional secret: a lot of bacon.
“I wouldn't say it's a secret, but that's what I like to eat,” he said.
The Twitter page @Weeden2Blackmon had picked up more than 1,100 followers by midday Thursday. And the number was growing. On Facebook, Weeden2Blackmon had 2,400-plus “likes.”
While only dabbling in Twitter to begin with, Blackmon has picked up his activity level lately.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister