OSU wrestling: Cowboys beat Tennessee-Chattanooga and No. 8 Cornell in Grapple at the Garden
Oklahoma State beat Tennessee-Chattanooga 41-9 and then edged Cornell 21-16.
Oklahoma State won twice Sunday at the inaugural Grapple at the Garden wrestling event inside Madison Square Garden in New York. The No. 2-ranked Cowboys walloped Tennessee-Chattanooga 41-9 and then edged No. 8 Cornell, 21-16.
Jon Morrison (133 pounds), Jordan Oliver (149) and Chris Perry (174) each won twice for the Cowboys. One of the big matchups of the day came at 165 pounds, when Cornell's No. 1-ranked Kyle Dake decisioned No. 3 Tyler Caldwell 4-1 at 165 pounds. Later in the match, the Cowboys' No. 17-ranked Chris Chionuma lost a 5-3 decision to unranked Steve Bosak.
Oklahoma State (6-0) will wrestle Bucknell in Lewisburg, Pa., at 6 p.m. Monday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit