OSU's Brodrick Brown, OU's Tony Jefferson on Jim Thorpe Award preseason watch list
OSU's Brodrick Brown, OU's Tony Jefferson and Tulsa's Dexter McCoil highlight list of 35 top defensive backs in the country.
Oklahoma State's Brodrick Brown, Oklahoma's Tony Jefferson and Tulsa's Dexter McCoil were named to the Jim Thorpe Award preseason watch list on Friday along with 32 other top defensive backs.
The winner will be announced during The Home Depot College Football Awards on Dec. 6 and presented at a February banquet in Oklahoma City.
The award is presented to the best defensive back in college football. Last season, LSU's Morris Claiborne won the award.
Brown, a senior, was a semifinalist for the award in 2011 and was an All-Big 12 first-team selection. He also ranked second in the Big 12 and 14th nationally with five interceptions.
Jefferson, a junior hybrid defensive back, led the Sooners last season with four interceptions and recorded 74 tackles.
McCoil, a senior, had 84 tackles, seven pass breakups and six interceptions last season for Tulsa.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 43037Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15155Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9718Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8776Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8708Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7875Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7675Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena