OSU's road to BCS title game has lots of potholes
Even though the Cowboys are undefeated and ranked No. 14 in the BCS Standings, the chances for Oklahoma State to reach the national championship are a long shot at best.
Videoview all videos
Oct 20OU's upcoming game against #11 ranked Tigers is in...
Oct 20Jenni Carlson and Jake Trotter talk Mizzou defense and...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Not just because the Cowboys have three regular-season games remaining where they'll be underdogs.
Jerry Palm, who analyzes the BCS standings at collegebcs.com, said even if the Pokes win out, due to a weak non-conference schedule, OSU would struggle to pass any teams that also stayed undefeated.
"They're a big long shot," Palm said. "Even at 13-0, they probably don't even catch an undefeated Michigan State (currently No. 7 in the BCS). Oklahoma doesn't need Michigan State to lose. But Oklahoma State does."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say