NORMAN — The University of Oklahoma Board of Regents rewarded softball coach Patty Gasso for the Sooners' national championship with a hefty, 40-percent bump in her annual salary.
Gasso, who has coached the OU softball team for 19 seasons, received an increase from $215,000 to $350,000 per year.
OU has won two softball national championships under Gasso. The first came in 2000, and her second came earlier this month after a clean sweep through postseason play.
The regents also approved a $65,000 bonus for Gasso if she wins a third national championship.
Gasso's assistants were also rewarded handsomely by the regents. Melyssa Lombardi received a $33,960 increase for a $120,000 annual salary, and Tripp Mackay got a $31,760 raise and will earn $100,000 annually.
OU regents did not consider raises for football coach Bob Stoops, men's basketball coach Lon Kruger or women's basketball coach Sherri Coale, although some assistants working under each did have salaries bumped.
Jerry Schmidt, who has worked as OU's strength and conditioning coach throughout Stoops' 14-year tenure, received a $13,000 annual raise to $270,000.
Men's basketball assistant coaches Steve Henson, Lew Hill and Chris Crutchfield will each earn $215,250 next year after receiving $10,000 annual raises.
Women's basketball assistants Jan Ross and Chad Thrailkill also received $10,000 bumps, and another Coale assistant, Pam DeCosta, got a $15,000 raise, lifting their annual salaries to $196,400, $143,600 and $133,000, respectively.
Other athletic department employees who received raises include:
* Guy Austin, women's basketball director of operations ($6,000 raise to $100,000 annually)
* Lou Ball, women's gymnastics assistant coach ($3,600 raise to $90,000 annually)
* Brian Blutreich, track and field assistant coach ($7,600 raise to $100,000 annually)
* LeeAnn Crain, rowing head coach ($5,000 raise to $113,600 annually)
* Veronique Drouin-Luttrell, women's golf head coach ($10,000 raise to $125,000 annually)
* Kelly Files, women's volleyball assistant coach ($5,000 raise to $65,000 annually)
* Ryan Hybl, men's golf head coach ($10,000 raise to $135,000 annually)
* Scott Kolok, strength and conditioning assistant ($5,000 raise to $95,000 annually)
* Santiago Restrepo, volleyball head coach ($4,500 raise to $132,000 annually)
* John Roddick, men's tennis head coach ($5,000 raise to $130,000 annually)
* Mike Shepard, men's basketball director of operations ($10,000 raise to $135,000 annually)
* Jozsef Szendrei, strength and conditioning assistant ($20,000 raise to $110,000 annually)