OU basketball notebook: Sooners' late-game strategy a success
OKLAHOMA BASKETBALL — With 9.3 seconds left, Coach Lon Kruger instructed players to foul Kansas State once they crossed midcourt.
NewsOK Related Articles
Kruger and his staff wore tennis shoes Saturday as part of the annual Coaches vs. Cancer Suits and Sneakers awareness weekend, .
“Everyone has been touched by cancer,” Kruger said. “It's a great cause. It's been a signature charity for the coaches association for years.”
Fans can text COACH to 20222 from any wireless phone to make a $5 donation toward Coaches vs. Cancer.
For more information go to the Coaches vs. Cancer Facebook page: facebook.com/coachesvscancer.
Cameron Clark grabbed a team-high six rebounds and scored 11 points, six on three alley-oop dunks. It was Clark's highest production since he scored 14 in the All-College Classic against Houston. ... Grooms had seven assists and one turnover to pad his Big 12 assists-to-turnover ratio lead. ... Kruger essentially went with a seven-man rotation with Carl Blair and C.J. Washington coming off the bench. Tyler Neal played only two minutes. ... Fitzgerald's streak of double-figure games ended at 14. Fitzgerald had scored 10 or more points in every game since Dec. 2 but scored only three points. ... K-State out-rebounded OU 33-29, but it was an improvement over the first meeting when the Wildcats owned a 44-24 edge.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments