OU basketball notebook: Sooners offense scores season-low 47 points
Oklahoma had its worst offensive outing of the season in a 65-47 loss to Texas Tech Saturday night at United Spirit Arena in Lubbock, Texas.
The 47 points was a season low. The Sooners have scored less than 60 points only three times all season.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
OU shot 33.3 percent, the second lowest outing of the season behind a 32.4 percent outing in a loss at Oklahoma State.
“We had some good looks that didn't go,” said OU coach Lon Kruger. “Then all of a sudden we're deep in the ballgame and I think we were a little surprised we didn't get more of a lead.”
OU owned the lead most of the first half but the Red Raiders rallied for a 25-22 halftime edge and built on that lead throughout the second half.
Andrew Fitzgerald scored a team-high 14 points, the only Sooner in double figures. Other than Fitzgerald the rest of OU's rotation players shot a combined 27.0 percent.
PLEDGER HAS OFF NIGHT
Junior shooting guard Steven Pledger scored a season low four points. Averaging 17.8 points entering the game, Pledger was 2-of-7 from the field, 0-of-1 at the line.
“They got up into his body and made him put the ball on the floor,” Kruger said. “They didn't give him the catch-and-shoot looks.”
Pledger has scored in double figures in 22 of OU's 24 games. The only other game he failed to score in double figures was nine in a loss at Oklahoma State.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12959Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12323OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10047Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8563Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6689Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6158Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated