OU basketball notebook: Stephen Pledger is Sooners' only 3-point threat
OKLAHOMA BASKETBALL — Iowa State drained nearly half as many 3-pointers Saturday night in a 77-70 win as Oklahoma has drained in 10 Big 12 Conference games.
Iowa State drained nearly half as many 3-pointers Saturday night in a 77-70 win as Oklahoma has drained in 10 Big 12 Conference games.
In conference play, OU junior guard Steven Pledger has accounted for 26 of the Sooners' 34 baskets beyond the arc.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 16 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
In 10 league games, Carl Blair has four 3-pointers, Romero Osby three and Tyler Neal one.
SOONERS WIN INSIDE BATTLE
Led by Cameron Clark's career-high 11 rebounds, OU out-rebounded Iowa State 38-29. The Sooners also owned a 26-14 edge in points in the paint but it wasn't enough to offset the Cyclones' 30-point edge on 3-pointers.
Andrew Fitzgerald scored a career-high 27 points, and Osby added 17. OU's inside duo shot a combined 17-of-28 from the field. Osby has averaged 16.2 points the past month, a span of eight games.
“They're both doing a terrific job making shots, playing with confidence and playing with aggressiveness,” said OU coach Lon Kruger. “We need that to continue. But we have to learn from the things they didn't do as well.”
GROOMS HAS INOPPORTUNE TURNOVER
Sam Grooms has dished out 40 turnovers with only seven turnovers over the past six games, a sparkling 5.71 assists-to-turnover ratio. Against Iowa State, Grooms had nine assists and only two turnovers. But one turnover came at an inopportune time.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12316OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7699Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6657Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6438Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5739Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4894Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4675Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers