OU defensive back Demontre Hurst knew where Nebraska's final play was going
Oklahoma defensive back Demontre Hurst chatted with The Oklahoman's Mike Baldwin following the Sooners' 23-20 win over Nebraska in the Big 12 Championship game:
Videoview all videos
Dec 5Travis Lewis and the Sooners rallied from 17 points down...
Dec 5Berry Tramel, Jake Trotter and Jenni Carlson examine the...
Photoview all 73 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Q: How satisfying was it to break up the final play to clinch the win?
A: I was just anticipating. I knew where they were going to go and I tried to make a play on the ball. It feels great to make a big play at the end. We've been talking about finishing strong. We finished strong. We're Big 12 champions.
What were the keys to the defense posting a second-half shutout?
We knew what was wrong with us, things we had to correct. We stepped up to the plate and knew what we had to do. We had some mistakes early but we knew we had to bounce back and help get good field position for our offense.
How big was it for the defensive line to constantly pressure Taylor Martinez?
The D-line was huge, the biggest part of the game, getting pressure on their quarterback. That made things easier on us in the secondary.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17743Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11674Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10443Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10260OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10191Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9850Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9805Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments