OU fan sees tickets as ticket to a better job
NORMAN — At least one University of Oklahoma fan plans on using his tickets for Saturday's OU-Texas game as a springboard to a better job.
NewsOK Related Articles
The Dallas native turned to Craigslist, the online classifieds Web site, to apply a more creative approach. His unique message was simple: Find me a job, and my Oklahoma-Texas tickets will cost you a dollar.
"I saw how the job market was, and how hard it is now," he said. "I wanted to flip the tables and get them coming to me."
Currently employed part time in the insurance business, the fan received another offer for a job and, not wanting to risk what he viewed as a backup plan (a full-time job with a bank), chose to remain anonymous.
"I've gotten about 30 or 35 emails," he said. "I actually interviewed for a job last Thursday from this, and have a second interview for that same job on Monday."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 43037Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15155Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9718Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8776Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8708Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7875Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7675Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena