OU football: Breaking down the schedule
With the Big 12 football schedule's release Tuesday, Oklahoma learned what to expect in 2012.
With the Big 12 football schedule's release Tuesday, Oklahoma learned what to expect in 2012. Here's a breakdown of the Sooners' conference schedule, which begins Sept. 22 at home against Kansas State and concludes Dec. 1 at TCU.
Videoview all videos
Feb 14What are some of the big changes for the 2012 football...
Feb 14The Cowboys have released their football schedule, and...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The Sooners had better hope they're well rested by the end of September. After a Sept. 29 bye, they embark on a nine-games-in-nine-weeks stretch, including the Oct. 27 non-conference home game against Notre Dame.
What a way to finish the season for the Sooners, going to West Virginia, hosting Bedlam and then traveling to TCU in consecutive weeks. That's a lot to ask. The trip to Morgantown might be the most difficult of the three games. On top of the competition and hostile environment, who knows what the weather will be like there on Nov. 17?
Note these two lines in the Big 12 release, in terms of a disclaimer: “Dates are subject to change as adjustments are expected to accommodate television partners' requests. Television selections for the first three weeks of the season and special dates are due to the conference (by) July 1.” Does that mean midweek games? Moving of games altogether? Stay tuned (pun intended).
This Year's Texas Tech?
Any unexpected stumbling block out there for OU? How about Iowa State, still a sore spot for OSU and its fans after 2011? A trip to Ames is never easy, and Paul Rhoads will have another year to develop that team and program. The Cyclones lost by 20 in Norman in 2011, but a hurricane-force wind blew. The trip in 2012 is a week after Notre Dame, too, so the letdown factor is plausible.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister