OU football: Justin Brown hasn't decided yet if he will leave Penn State
Another day went by without a decision from Justin Brown on whether to transfer from Penn State or not.
Brown, a senior wide receiver who has been in contact with Oklahoma, had 35 receptions, 517 yards and two touchdowns last season for the Nittany Lions.
Videoview all videos
Aug 3OU is the only Big 12 school to make the top ten list.
Aug 3Penn State wide receiver Justin Brown has been in contact...
Jul 23Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops was among the coaches who...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
He told The Oklahoman on Thursday that he “wasn't close” to a decision and had no timetable for making one, although the Sooners opened practice Friday morning, and Penn State begins Monday.
ESPN.com, citing a source, reported Brown was in Norman last week. The website also reported that Brown was meeting with Penn State coach Bill O'Brien on Friday and “had an Oklahoma lean.”
Brown was reportedly also contacted by Illinois and Cincinnati.
Brown, like all current Penn State players, is allowed to transfer to any other Football Bowl Subdivision school without sitting out the usual one-year required by the NCAA.
The transfer option was given to players in the aftermath of the Penn State child abuse scandal, which resulted in harsh NCAA sanctions including a four-year postseason ban and scholarship reductions.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 100558Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15302OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13338Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8709Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8075Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8036How to help tornado victims
- 7986Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort