OU football notebook: Sooners on the field by 6 a.m. Friday
Running back Roy Finch practices despite reports that he suffered an injury playing basketball.
Videoview all videos
Aug 3OU is the only Big 12 school to make the top ten list.
Photoview all photos
NOTRE DAME'S GUNSLINGER IN THE AIR
Tommy Rees' suspension doesn't mean he's only out for the Irish's season opener in Dublin. It means head coach Brian Kelly is left to find a starting quarterback between his three remaining choices – junior Andrew Hendrix, sophomore Everett Golson and the nation's top-touted QB commit, freshman Gunner Kiel.
The problem for Kelly? None of those three options have ever seen a start, and only Hendrix has seen the field and that was only in one game.
Rees will still be practicing, and Kelly will most likely look to him the rest of the season, but who will lead the offense in Ireland? Kelly is going to give it to the guy he thinks he can “trust” the most not to turn over the football.
ASTROTURF IN IRISH STADIUM
When the Sooners play at Notre Dame in September 2013, they might not run on the same patch of grass made famous by Knute Rockne and the Four Horseman and Frank Leahy and Johnny Lujack.
Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly announced on a South Bend radio station Thursday night that field turf is coming to South Bend. He is also working to get a video screen.
“It's something that's eventually going to be in the stadium,” Kelly said of the AstroTurf. “We had a lot of construction in there this year, which kind of put us back a little bit, but that's coming.”
Staff writer Berry Tramel contributed to this report
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 16804Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8821OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6453Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5885Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5756OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4970Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4920Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater