Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
It's a challenge that excites Lofton. "I'm a competitor,” he said. "I want to go against the best and I want to be the best, so that's something I look forward to.” •Missing English: Lofton says he can notice a difference in the Sooners' defensive line when Auston English isn't manning his defensive end spot. English has missed the last two games with a broken bone in his ankle and is doubtful for Saturday's game, according to head coach Bob Stoops. "Yeah, I notice a big difference,” Lofton said. "With Auston out there, he can pretty much shut down one side of the field. He's so big and athletic and makes plays. Young guys want to stick their head in and they'll let a guy outside. Auston, he plays real good technique, so that never happens.” •Senior Day: Though just nine of the 24 signees from the 2003 recruiting class are still around, the Sooners will salute 19 seniors Saturday. They are: linebacker Lewis Baker, receiver Garrett Bothun, punter Michael Cohen, defensive tackle Steven Coleman, defensive end Alonzo Dotson, receiver Russell English, tight end Joe Jon Finley, running back Jacob Gutierrez, kicker Garrett Hartley, quarterback Hays McEachern, offensive lineman Sherrone Moore, running back Allen Patrick, linebacker Demarrio Pleasant, fullback Ian Pleasant, cornerback Marcus Walker, receiver Chase Wasson, defensive back Darien Williams, strong safety D.
OU football Notebook
Going against the bestOklahoma's Curtis Lofton is one of the best linebackers in the Big 12 Conference, and on Saturday he'll line up opposite one of the conference's best running backs in Oklahoma State's Dantrell Savage.
NewsOK Related Articles
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21771Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7615Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6773OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6490OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5293Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4032Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater