Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Said Venables, "Moving Lendy puts stress on our other guys at safety. They need to play well.” •Ibiloye impressing: When asked which players caught his eye during last Saturday's scrimmage, Venables mentioned true freshman safety Joseph Ibiloye. "Ibiloye is doing some good things,” Venables said. "For a young guy, he's instinctive, aware, smart and a good tackler for a leaner guy. He's rangy.” Just two days before, secondary coach Bobby Jack Wright was also praising Ibiloye. "He impresses me every day,” Wright said. "He does things as a true freshman that you just don't expect. He's really smart, he catches on really quick and he's made some really good plays out there. "I think he's a guy that could really easily play this year.” •OU has top-three tradition: Collegiate Licensing Co. and Learfield Sports recently conducted a survey to determine who had the most valuable brand, using criteria like merchandising, tradition, buzz factor, television and budgets. OU was revealed to have the third-best tradition behind Notre Dame and Michigan. Norte Dame finished on top of the overall brand survey. •Rainy days: Heavy rain forced Monday morning's practice inside the Everest Indoor Training Center for the second time this preseason. Monday was the first of two-a-day practices for the Sooners. By Jake Trotter and John Helsley
OU football notebook
NewsOK Related Articles
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 99664Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16608OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13275Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8705Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8419Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8235How to help tornado victims
- 7896Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort