Share “OU football notebook”

By Jake Trotter and John Helsley Published: August 16, 2008
Advertisement
Jarboe not eligible, for now
According to Troy coach Larry Blakeney, Trojans wide receiver Josh Jarboe currently is not eligible to play this season after transferring from Oklahoma earlier this week.

Because OU told Troy officials that they didn't refuse him admission for the fall, Blakeney said, Jarboe is now being treated as a transfer student by the NCAA, with this season being his sit-out year. Blakeney, however, told the Dothan (Ala.) Eagle that Troy will appeal his eligibility status for this year to the NCAA.

Jarboe was dismissed from OU on Aug. 1 after an explicit video of him rapping about shooting people surfaced on YouTube.

Sooner coach Bob Stoops dismissed Jarboe from the team two weeks ago after a video of Jarboe's obscenity-laced rap about shooting people made its way around the Internet.

Jarboe had been arrested in the spring for bringing a stolen gun to his Georgia high school campus. He pleaded guilty on two felony gun counts that a judge reduced to misdemeanors under Georgia's First Offender's Act, allowing Jarboe to initially keep his scholarship.

Continue reading this story on the...