Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
"I was real anxious,” English said. "Last night, I went to bed kind of feeling like I was getting ready for a game because it's been a while since I've taken snaps like that. "You want to get out there and not lose a step.” English, joining full contact drills for the first time this preseason, at least looked comfortable Monday morning when the Sooners began their final week of preseason work. Following an emergency appendectomy in late July, English had been limited in preseason work until Monday. He'd also missed all of spring drills while recovering from offseason surgery, meaning English's last full contact work came in the Fiesta Bowl. "Looked great,” Sooners coach Bob Stoops said. "I pulled him out of some of the heavier” contact work. "We were doing some live goal-line and all. "I said, ‘I've seen enough of him, I don't want him in there.' But he looks great. He's really worked hard. He's going to be in great shape.” •Wet and wild: OU's final open practice drew rainy and cool conditions and a hundred or so dedicated fans, including one young man in a suit and tie who was either late for work or the subject of fraternity hazing. Many of the fans who showed up didn't stick around to the end, with a light steady rain continuing throughout the workout. "It was great out,” Stoops said.
OU football notebook
English gets in some licksIt had been so long since Auston English hit somebody, the junior defensive end found himself getting antsy Sunday night.
Videoview all videos
NewsOK Related Articles
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11731OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9188Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6809Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5811Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5608Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4406Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4394Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments