OU football players 'won't give an inch' on QB competition in Norman
ON OKLAHOMA BASKETBALL:
Is Ryan Spangler really that good?
If you're referring to his physicality, then yes. He's really aggressive. His arms are usually covered in scratch marks because he's not afraid of getting in the middle and getting a little scratched up. If you're referring to his quickness, yes he is a quick guy for a big guy (he's 6-foot-8). If you're referring to Romero Osby saying that Spangler makes him better, yes. They both said the exact same thing to me and I interviewed them separately on different ends of the gym on the same night. And also, look where he got recruited to — Gonzaga. That's the No. 1 team in the nation right now. They aren't recruiting guys that are bad there and are making it to the top spot.
Who's got the tougher first-round draw? OSU with Baylor or OU with I-State?
Iowa State-OU. I say the Cyclones edge the Bears in showing up. They are both tough but there are nights when Baylor never quite shows up and then there are nights where they look like a top basketball team in the Big 12. That's never the case with Iowa State. They always show up, it's just whether they are knocking down threes at the right times. Plus, Iowa State travels REALLY well so that could be a big factor.
Josh Heupel was quoted as saying, “Jaz has a sense of urgency.” Does this mean we get to see Jaz Reynolds back in the staring line up?
Right now — of course like any position — they aren't saying. It's a high possibility though. Sterling Shepard told us that's who is teaching him a lot now that Kenny Stills and Justin Brown are gone.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort