OU football: Quarterback Landry Jones won't make NFL decision until Jan. 15
OKLAHOMA FOOTBALL — University of Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones said Wednesday that he'll wait until the last possible moment to decide if he'll enter the NFL Draft. Jones spoke to reporters in Arizona while prepping for the Insight Bowl.
PARADISE VALLEY, Ariz. – Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones said here Wednesday he anticipates waiting until the Jan. 15 deadline to make his decision regarding the NFL.
Videoview all videos
Dec 28OU held its media day on Wednesday, as the Sooners...
Dec 28Jenni Carlson and Travis Haney discuss the future of...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The junior would like all the available time to decide whether to return for one more year.
“I've gone back and forth so many times,” Jones said during the Insight Bowl's media day. “Right now, it's kind of like a null point where I'm not even thinking about it at all.”
The Sooners (9-3) play Iowa (7-5) on Friday evening. After that's over, then Jones will mentally transition to his future.
“I just really need to sit down after the year's done and clear my head, without any thoughts of Iowa or my next game coming up," he said.
Jones acknowledged he took note last week of Matt Barkley's choice to return to USC. But he said it's not as if that did or will have any bearing on his decision.
“I mean, you notice it,” he said, “but you've got to do what's best for you.”
He laughed when asked if, like Barkley, he would have the marching band present for a news conference.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14439Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9547Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7937Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7761Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6962Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6428Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6287Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister