OU football recruiting: Charles Walker no relation to former Sooner Casey Walker; but Sooners hope their play is similar
Charles Walker is from Garland, Texas, like former Oklahoma star Casey Walker.
Charles is also a defensive tackle like Casey.
Although Casey Walker's mom said there is no relation between the two, Sooners fans can only hope Charles is everything Casey was.
Charles committed to Oklahoma on Jan. 12 after a visit to Norman. The 6-foot-3, 280 pound commit comes to the Sooners from Garland South. (Casey went to Garland)
Charles suffered through injuries during his sophomore and junior season, but had a senior season that earned him a three-star rating.
He was also recruited by New Mexico, New Mexico State, North Texas and Texas State.
According to EPSN, he can run a 4.7 in the 40-yard dash.
He is ranked the 43rd best defensive tackle in the nation by 247Sports.
He joins Matthew Romar of Port Arthur Memorial in Port Arthur, Texas and Kerrick Huggins of Skyline High School in Dallas, Texas as defensive tackle commits in Oklahoma's 2013 class.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10801Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10490Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10422Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9824Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6498Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4191Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4093Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes