OU football recruiting: Charles Walker no relation to former Sooner Casey Walker; but Sooners hope their play is similar
Charles Walker is from Garland, Texas, like former Oklahoma star Casey Walker.
Charles is also a defensive tackle like Casey.
Although Casey Walker's mom said there is no relation between the two, Sooners fans can only hope Charles is everything Casey was.
Charles committed to Oklahoma on Jan. 12 after a visit to Norman. The 6-foot-3, 280 pound commit comes to the Sooners from Garland South. (Casey went to Garland)
Charles suffered through injuries during his sophomore and junior season, but had a senior season that earned him a three-star rating.
He was also recruited by New Mexico, New Mexico State, North Texas and Texas State.
According to EPSN, he can run a 4.7 in the 40-yard dash.
He is ranked the 43rd best defensive tackle in the nation by 247Sports.
He joins Matthew Romar of Port Arthur Memorial in Port Arthur, Texas and Kerrick Huggins of Skyline High School in Dallas, Texas as defensive tackle commits in Oklahoma's 2013 class.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments