OU football recruiting: Charles Walker no relation to former Sooner Casey Walker; but Sooners hope their play is similar
Charles Walker is from Garland, Texas, like former Oklahoma star Casey Walker.
Charles is also a defensive tackle like Casey.
Although Casey Walker's mom said there is no relation between the two, Sooners fans can only hope Charles is everything Casey was.
Charles committed to Oklahoma on Jan. 12 after a visit to Norman. The 6-foot-3, 280 pound commit comes to the Sooners from Garland South. (Casey went to Garland)
Charles suffered through injuries during his sophomore and junior season, but had a senior season that earned him a three-star rating.
He was also recruited by New Mexico, New Mexico State, North Texas and Texas State.
According to EPSN, he can run a 4.7 in the 40-yard dash.
He is ranked the 43rd best defensive tackle in the nation by 247Sports.
He joins Matthew Romar of Port Arthur Memorial in Port Arthur, Texas and Kerrick Huggins of Skyline High School in Dallas, Texas as defensive tackle commits in Oklahoma's 2013 class.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 64379Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31540Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 30680Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 16244Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 7370Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6239Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4310Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman