H: ° L: °,
OU football: Season opener vs. UTEP to start at 9:30 p.m.
NORMAN — Oklahoma's football season opener — Saturday, Sept. 1 at UTEP — has been scheduled for a 9:30 p.m. kickoff on the Fox Sports Network.
NewsOK Related Articles
Conference USA, which UTEP belongs to, released its 2012 football television schedule Thursday.
The game will be the Sooners' first regular-season trip to El Paso, although they did beat Stanford in the 2009 Sun Bowl there.
It also marks the first time OU will play a true road opener outside of the state since 1994, when the Sooners opened that season at Syracuse.
OU's home opener is scheduled for one week later, Sept. 8, against Florida A&M.
UTEP was a late addition to OU's 2012 schedule after the latest round of conference realignment. TCU, which joined the Big 12 for the upcoming season, was already on the Sooners' 2012 schedule as an out-of-conference opponent.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister