OU football: Sooners get commitment from Dallas-area linebacker Jordan Mastrogiovanni
Dallas Jesuit linebacker Jordan Mastrogiovanni committed to Oklahoma on Thursday, becoming the 10th Sooners commit for the 2013 class.
Mastrogiovanni (6-foot-3, 225 pounds) chose the Sooners over a long list of offers that included Arizona State, Arkansas, LSU, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, UCLA and Washington.
The commitment was first reported by Rivals.com.
Mastrogiovanni is the fourth Sooners commit from Texas, joining defensive end Matt Dimon, running back Keith Ford and quarterback Cody Thomas.
Mastrogiovanni is the first linebacker commitment from the class.
The Sooners signed just one linebacker in 2012 — Eric Striker of Florida.
Mastrogiovanni's verbal commitment is non-binding. The first day he can sign is Feb. 6.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81615Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14276Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8057Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7469Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7367How to help tornado victims
- 6230Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5754Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'