OU football: Sooners get commitment from receiver Austin Bennett
Oklahoma picked up its 11th commitment of the 2013 recruiting class on Wednesday when wide receiver Austin Bennett committed to the Sooners.
Bennett (6-foot, 170 pounds) is the second wide receiver to commit to the Sooners, joining Jenks' Jordan Smallwood, who committed earlier this month.
The Manvel, Texas, player's commitment was first reported by ESPN.com. He is the fifth Sooner commitment from Texas.
Bennett committed to Arkansas in early March but decided to reopen his recruitment after Bobby Petrino was fired as the Razorbacks' coach in April.
Bennett also held offers from Mississippi, Mississippi State, SMU, TCU, Tulsa and West Virginia.
He picked up an offer from the Sooners earlier this month and made his commitment official during a visit to Norman.
The verbal commitment is nonbinding. He can sign beginning Feb. 6, 2013.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 92690Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17105OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12852Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8967Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8623Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8590How to help tornado victims
- 8406Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located